DDA October 2019 Minutes
October 15, 2019
Meeting called to order at 6:30pm
Present: Roy Moore, Brad Arthur, Holly Bishop, Anita Stewart, Dave Schnell
Absent: John Maksimchuk, Pete Stewart, Rob Ballard, Mark Birchmeier
1. Roy made a motion to accept the minutes from last week. Brad seconded the motion. Motion was passed.
2. Dave made a motion to accept the treasurers report from last month. Anita seconded the motion. Motion passed.
Special Guest: Doug from Rowe Engineering came and spoke about TIF
plan. Anita asked about term limits for DDA positions. Doug said he
believes it is a year term, and then we re-vote about it.
3. Annual business meeting is next month, November 21, 2019
4. Dave spoke about the pavillion in the old Confer’s spot. Dave said that when they tore the store down, he saved the brick and that is what we are using in the pavillion for the posts. Also, that perhaps we will have enough to make a firepit. We are all very excited about doing things in the pavillion.
5. Anita asked if we want gutters/eavestroughs on the pavillion. Stan wanted to ask for up to 1,000$ regarding this. Dave Schnell made the motion for this to pass. Holly Bishop seconded the motion. The question was asked where this would come out of the budget. Anita said that it would come out of the beautification. Roll call vote was made to agree upon, vote was unanimous and motion was passed.
6. Candlewalk- Friday, December 6th this year. Dave mentioned that someone asked if six small trees can be up at the park and if different grades at NL schools can be involved in decorating.
7. New business, Brad talked about the Revitalization Grant. Denny’s tavern filed revitalization committees recommendation to award the revitalization grant to Denny’s NL Tavern. Anita made the motion, Brad seconded the motion. Roll call vote, vote was unanimous and motion passed.
8. Invoices to be paid: Anita has Schnell’s for watering the flowers, etc., Consumers Energy. Holly Bishop made a motion to pay the bills, Roy
Moore. Seconded the motion. Roll call vote made for the motion, vote was
unanimous and passed.
9. Dave mentioned getting a pennant made for the poles to advertise the
businesses, etc. for when the flowers are gone.
10.Meeting adjourned at 7:11 p.m.